Saturday, November 17, 2012

Experimentation & Results...

So, I go into my metalworking class week before last, and I start telling Kirk (instructor) about some ideas I had been "playing" with… and of course he wants to challenge me so he suggests an experiment of sorts.

He'd been noticing a lot of Arcs in my work (I also use Swirls - more on that later), so he suggested I make a variety of Arcs & simply drop them and see what shapes form… then manipulate a bit to get something I like… ok, I had other ideas but decided they could hold for a while… so…

Some interesting patterns that came out of this, I captured the interesting ones for future ideas...


Copper Arcs of medium to large sizes...


Copper Arcs small to large sizes… I like the way the Ichthus shape occurs quite naturally with Arcs...


This is one of my favorites… I'll probably pursue this sometime in the future...


This one almost seemed to be dancing...


This one made me think of a family embracing...


This almost looks like a Chinese word-symbol… or something… I just like it :)


This made me think of a fat finny Goldfish...


This was the result of dropping Arcs & Swirls then doing minor manipulation… This caught my fancy so I pursued it a bit further...


A stone with another swirl...


Topped with a swirl… I like this!!  Then I decided to take this idea and make it into a pendant...


Voila!  The pendant is in Silver rather than in Copper (which was being used simply to experiment with shapes)...


I decided to take an element from the pendant and create some simple earrings...


Here's the set… I'm very happy with how it came out (even if I don't like the quality of the pictures)…

No comments:

Post a Comment