Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Purse Project...

A while back I picked up 2 of these napkins, I loved the color and thought I might be able to make them into a little pouch-purse…


I just wasn't happy with any of the design ideas... then I spotted this cute style at a DSW & thought it could be adapted into something I'd like for my napkin-purse…


The shape/size was "just right", I like the way the fabric folds soften the look... not crazy about the basket edge (but wasn't planning on doing that anyway)... liked that it had a long strap, but I'd have made it detachable, with an attachable wrist strap option... ok, you can tell it got my juices flowing...

Then I dug around in my old fabric scraps to find something for a lining... no problem, I found a nice beige flannel that will work just fine!!

Next it was off to my local craft/fabric store to pick up a few items: Zipper, D-Rings, Clasps, Piping, Magnets (at this point I hadn't decided between Zipper & Magnets)...


I'm thinking that the purse body will be made out of the center of the napkins, and the top edge & wrist strap made out of the border of the napkins...  ok, time to start measuring, cutting, pinning, sewing... here goes!!  Clip-Clip!!


Vroom-Vroom!!



Obviously I made some decisions & modifications as I went along… I ended up using Magnets instead of a Zipper.  I made a wrist strap, but there is another D-Ring sewn in the other side so if I decide to get a full strap at some point I can use it with this little pocket-style purse…

Don't look too close, there are big mistakes in a few places, but with what I've learned the next one will go much more smoothly...

Also, as I was going along I thought perhaps I should do an Oragami inspired purse… but that's for another day… stay tuned!!




No comments:

Post a Comment