Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When Clippings Inspire...

I'm a gardener… well… I'm a novice gardener… and due to the fact that I live in Minnesota I'm only a novice gardener part of the year…

This year I had a dill plant in a little herb garden, I had been keeping it free from blooms & trimming off bits for food, and it had gotten woody.  Apparently I must not have kept it completely free from blooms because a new young plant had sprung up (in the middle of my cilantro, go figure…).  So I decided it was time to remove my woody friend from the herb garden, so I clipped off all the branches close to the ground.

As I held the branches in my hand I liked the unusual way the greens bent & twisted… so…


I put them in this interesting little vase & have been enjoying them for several days…

I was a bit surprised that my husband also enjoyed this, and I realized there is a sense of depth and space and scale, and that this is very artistic in its composition… I just wish I were a better photographer, perhaps that's something I should learn more about…

So then came today, I've not been feeling well and was in a "mood"… I did some homework for a Bible Study I teach (studying the Bible usually snaps me out of a funk), and was starting to feel more cheery, then my printer ran out of ink (Argh!) so I had to actually get out of my PJs (I said I wasn't feeling well) and down to my local office store to buy some ink (we were out at home).

After buying the ink I realized it was mid-afternoon and I hadn't eaten lunch (you know I'm sick if I miss a meal)… ink issues + hungry = "mood" is back with a vengeance!!  I also knew I needed to pick up a couple things from the store to round out dinner, and I was in no mood for the grocery store (Grrr!!)…. so in to the store I go, tummy rumbling as I go…

But in the store I pass by the flower display… I LOVE Flowers (I did mention I'm a gardener - check out my gardening blog)… so I stopped and gazed and sniffed… ahhh… then I spotted them, an adorable bunch of yellow miniature roses, I just couldn't resist!!

Finally I was back home, ink & groceries & roses in hand… I put away the perishables then decided to put the roses in a vase, about this time I wondered if I could combine them with my dill… they are so different from each other… so I gave it a shot & here's the result:


I think they're lovely together… again I just wish the photo did them justice…

No comments:

Post a Comment