Thursday, May 23, 2013

One thing leads to another...

I have something new to show today… something I just thought of this morning, and it's done now that it's evening… and it's inspiration is originally from something requested by a friend…

Because I don't annoy anyone who's impatient (like me), here's the new piece:


Sterling Silver with Red Coral beads…  I think I'll call her "Smothered by Kisses", she is for sale for $105 + tax(MN) + shipping.  If interested e-mail Gavotian@gmail.com or add a Comment to this post.

Now for a (very short) trip back in time… to just before Mother's Day.  I made these little earrings at the request of a friend - he was getting them for his wife (also a friend) for Mother's Day.  Very sweet & simple… and the inspiration for my KISS series of earrings.


I made a similar set of earrings for my KISS set, but they're not as "swirly".  I also made the set below as part of that series… They're a triple set of little drop earrings with swirls.


I kept thinking about this triple set, and thought it might translate into a more elaborate necklace… in the detail photo below you'll see this "triple set" duplicated in a couple places… and then some...


This necklace pairs well with the earrings, here's a photo of them together…


One last photo, this one of me modeling the necklace & earrings to give an idea of scale… I'm wearing the necklace on its shortest setting (about 16") there are 2 longer settings (about 18" & 20") as well.  Sorry, it's not a great photo… kinda hard to take a picture of yourself, even with an iPhone...



No comments:

Post a Comment