Thursday, February 13, 2014

From Hearts to Butterflies...

I'm switching gears, not making any more Valentine's Day themed items, switching to Spring inspired creations...

This is a prototype piece, it may not hold up well (a friend is testing it for me), but this is the first in what I hope will be a series of sweet Butterflies.

This piece was inspired by the very friend that's putting her to the test, her initials have been worked into the wings, and even the color has meaning for this precious friend (if you know her you'll know what this means).

This piece gave me an opportunity to work on my saw-piercing (I'm improving), to use some new tools I'd not yet tried out, and to stretch my skills in torch-fired enamel...

I think she's kinda cute, here's a bunch of pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment