Saturday, May 2, 2015

Two New Pieces Completed Today...

Most times I've got several things going at a time, this time I just happened to finish two pieces on the same day (thanks to a treatment that had to dry on one)...

First: "Grounded" - a Mountain scene...

"Grounded" - Sterling & Fine Silver, Morrisite (from Oregon),
with "boulders" of Shibuichi (a blend of Copper & Silver).
I purposefully exposed the "boulders" to a warm humid environ in order to obtain the interesting gold-ish color.   The Shibiuchi was then treated with a protective coating to preserve the color.

"Grounded" - angled view.


Second: "Aspire" - an modernistic piece... not sure why I picked this name for her, it just seemed to fit.

"Aspire" - Sterling & Fine Silver, Bumble Bee Jasper,
with spheres of Fine Silver.



"Aspire" - angled view.


3 comments:

  1. beautiful quality workmanship. my comment is that there is too much embellishment on "grounded" and it takes away from the simple beauty of the stone. the old, less is more, Could have been two separate pieces. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Aspire"...beautiful. is it for sale?

    ReplyDelete