Thursday, January 31, 2013

Plug in the Pickle!

I'm upstairs blogging, but only for a few minutes because I plugged in the Pickle already… for those not "in the know" Pickle is something that's used after soldering to remove unwanted oxidation & such…  It has to be warmed, so a "pickle pot" (tiny crock pot) is used…

Here are some random pics I've taken lately of projects in process… none done (hence I really need to get downstairs & get busy)… Also some pics are simply items I found inspirational… take it for what it is!


This is a starting piece I had formed for a Pendant (there are earrings as well) that I'd shown a mock-up of previously...


Here are the earrings with the stones getting set...


Here I was working on setting the stones in the Pendant…


The pieces are coming along, but more work is yet to be done… hopefully I can finish these sometime in the next day or two…


This is a rough mock-up for something I'm working on… all I've managed so far is to create the frame, so this is the only picture for now...


Another mock-up, this one even rougher than the previous… I really needed to play with this stone to see what I wanted to do with it… still working on the mock-up, not sure I like where this is going yet.


I know, this isn't jewelry… but I looked at it & thought "filigree ring"… so for now this is simply a source of inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment