Saturday, March 30, 2013

Just in time for Easter...

It all started because Jeff (my hubby) had been spending a lot of time prepping for the various Easter-related celebrations this week… he was in a Drama, he'll be playing Trombone for our service tomorrow… so yesterday (or perhaps the day before, I'm not sure) he came up with a rough idea for a piece & this is what it became...

The Empty Tomb…


An Angel sits atop an empty tomb with the stone rolled away…  Sterling Silver, the stone at the tomb is a Brioche Agate, the tomb was made with a piece of medium-weight half-round wire, the earrings are Red Creek Jasper - a couple that were close in color to my agate.


The Agate is a particularly thick stone, so I couldn't set it in the normal fashion - my bezel wire was not wide enough. So I created a little frame on the back that wraps slightly around the sides of the stone, and soldered the frame to the bezel - a little tricky but it worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment