Monday, September 16, 2013

For someone special...

I don't take many special requests… why?  They eat up more time than my normal work & sometimes cause me frustration… but every once in a while…

So my aunt saw a piece my hubby had suggested for last Easter, and she wanted it… except she wanted a different colored stone… you wouldn't think finding a different color stone would cause that much trouble, but it can… in this case I had trouble finding a stone that was the right color, with the right sort of look (needed to resemble coloring of a natural boulder), and in a size that would work…

I found the stone a couple months ago, but in the mean time my aunt also asked me to do another piece "like" one I had made for my Mom, a piece with a photo on a heart… so of course I said "ok", but, yep, you guessed it, I had some trouble getting the photo to work (it had to be manipulated)…

I don't like setbacks, and so I've been dragging my feet a bit… but finally I'm making progress.  This one is done, the other should be done soon (I hope)…

Sterling Silver "Empty Tomb" with a Porcelain Jasper stone

I Love You Aunt Diane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment